Opti-C.A.F. should be fed fresh and in small amounts starting at two days of age. As soon as consumption is significant and consistent, it should be offered free choice up to 7 lbs per day. Opti-C.A.F. should be fed until the animals reach 2 to 4 months of age (up to 300 lbs of bodyweight). At this time they should be switched to Opti-Heif RP.
Always supply fresh, clean water.
Do not allow horses or other equines access to formulation containing Monensin. Ingestion of Monensin by equines has been fatal. Monensin medicated cattle feed is safe for use in cattle only. Consumption by unapproved species may result in toxic reactions. Do not exceed the levels of Monensin recommended in the feeding directions, as reduced average daily gains may result. Feeding undiluted or mixing errors resulting in high concentrations of Monensin could be fatal to cattle; must be thoroughly mixed in feeds before use; do not feed undiluted. A withdrawal time has not been established for pre-ruminating calves. Do not use in calves to be processed for veal.
ADVANTAGES OF FEEDING OPTI-C.A.F. TEXTURED CALF STARTER:
- Highly palatable to promote early intakes.
- Addition of Rumensin™ to control coccidiosis and increase rate of weight gain, which can reduce a producer’s total cost of raising
- Inclusion of Steam Flaked Corn, which increases starch digestion, increases energy availability, improves rumen development, and improves growth.
- Inclusion of XP Yeast™ to enhance rumen development, maintain rumen pH, enhance starter intake and growth at weaning.
- Inclusion of Bio-Mos™ to maintain healthy digestive function and improve calf health.
- Fortification with organic minerals, including Sel-Plex® organic selenium, enhances trace mineral bioavailability, provides strong antioxidant protection and immune function, and improves calf health and vigor.
Please contact a Poulin Grain Inc. nutritionist for more information or assistance in adding this beneficial supplement to your feeding program.